The North East and North Cumbria Academic Health Science Network is committed to improving both the health and economic prosperity of its region through innovation, research and dissemination of knowledge.
- Higher quality care delivery will improve the health of the population through better services and innovative interventions;
- Improving the quality of care and participation in research is best facilitated through having access to, and acting upon, information of the highest quality;
- Effective collaborations between Universities, Health and Industry will increase the volume and speed of knowledge sharing across the Network and will help transmit the best ideas and experience between organisations;
- The creation of new knowledge, medicines, and products will, in partnership with industry, create wealth for the area; and
- Involving patients and the public in the work of the AHSN will make it more effective, more relevant and more likely to succeed.