|Contact||Lee Colwill, Service Improvement Manager - Mental Health, NHS North Somerset CCG|
|Telephone||01275 54 6723|
|Address||PO Box 247, Castlewood, Tickenham Road, Clevedon, North Somerset, BS21 9BH|
This project will commission a Dementia Support Worker Service to develop a support network for people with dementia, their family and carers living in North Somerset.
The new service will provide the leadership and enablement support required to realise the vision. Ebdon Court will be developed as the North Somerset Dementia Community Hub providing outreach to the wider community and providing a focal point for dementia friendly communities and support services.
The Dementia Support Workers will be integrated with the Befriending Service which will provide people living with dementia, their family and carers with a continued, personalised point of contact throughout their lives with dementia.
This vision and service model is the priority for the development of services in North Somerset based on information and feedback gathered from people living with dementia, their family and carers, as highlighted in the agreed Joint Dementia Action Plan and the priorities of the North Somerset CCG.
- Work with the person with dementia and their carers to develop a personalised support plan and network which will successfully meet the individual’s current and future needs and uphold their dignity, building upon existing support networks of individuals. This will also include linking people in to other sources of information, advice and support as needed
- Provide information, practical advice and recognition of feelings such as loss and isolation that can help individuals in their journey of living with dementia
- Provide a service developed upon the real experience of living with dementia, bringing their expertise to the person with dementia, their family and carers
- Improve access to services and work with the individual, their family and carer to plan future service provision and access
- Enable and empower people with dementia, their family and carers to live lives of the best possible quality
- Lead the development of dementia friendly communities, developing the community wide support network needed for people with dementia, their family and carers
- Further develop engagement and involvement of people with dementia, their family and carers in service planning and delivery
- Receipt of personalised information
- Provision of personalised support resulting in a better understanding of dementia
- Being supported to develop a personalised support plan which meets my current needs and plans for the future
- Supported to make choices about the future
- Access to the range of services detailed in the North Somerset Dementia Pathway
- Access to dementia groups which provide me with peer support
- Someone I know keeps in touch with me (Befriending Service)
I have a single point of contact if I need information, support and advice (Befriending Service)
- I live in a dementia friendly community which understands dementia, helps me to remain independent and improves my quality of life
- As a carer I am supported and feel able to maintain my caring role