The South West Clinical Networks brins people together to advise on what good care services look like which will improve health care outcomes for our population now and for future generations.
The South West Clinical Networks work in partnership with commissioners supporting their decision making and strategic planning, by working across the boundaries of commissioner, provider and voluntary organisations as a vehicle for improvement for patients, carers and the public.
The South West Clinical Networks will
- reduce unwarranted variation in health and well-being services
- encourage innovation in how services are provided now and in the future
- provide clinical advice and leadership to support their decision making and strategic planning.
The Dementia Network is supported in its work by four Expert Reference Groups (ERGs) for:
- Diagnosis working on Improving diagnosis and diagnosis pathways
- Acute hospitals embedding Hospital Standards and working on Improving leadership for dementia care in hospitals and Reducing emergency admissions to hospital
- Community hospitals working on Improving leadership for dementia care in hospitals undertaking peer review process and development of community hospital standards for dementia care
- Care in the community working on Improving dementia care in care homes
These ERGs will lead on the specific work streams and assist the Dementia Network in the delivery of outputs as detailed below.
Enhance quality of life for people with long term conditions
- Improving diagnosis and diagnosis pathways
- Improving dementia care in care homes
- Improving end of life care for people with dementia
Helping people to recover from ill-health, or following injury
Ensuring that people have a positive experience of care
- Improving the involvement of people living with dementia
- Improving leadership for dementia care in hospitals
Treating and caring for patients in a safe environment and protecting them from avoidable harm
Sunita Berry, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Nick Cartmell, 01364 652 731, email@example.com
Justine Faulkner, 07901857310, firstname.lastname@example.org