The Social Care Institute for Excellence’s Dementia Gateway contains practical tips, tools and activities on key areas as well as free e-learning programmes, developed by the Social Care Institute for Excellence in conjunction with the Alzheimer’s Society.
Sections of the site include:
- Getting to know a person with dementia
- eating well for health and enjoyment
- tackling difficult situations
- keeping active and occupied, and
- making living places safe and enjoyable.
In addition, the site offers access to a series of new films developed by SCIE for its Social Care TV service. These films cover dementia and other relevant topics such as nutrition and personalisation.
Dementia Gateway is run in conjunction with Social Care TV and SCIE’s e-learning resources.
Find out more at www.scie.org.uk/dementia.