Join the Right Prescription on-line community and take action to reduce the inappropriate prescribing of antipsychotic drugs for people with dementia.
Register at www.acalltoaction.co.uk/therightprescription and find out what action others are taking, what actions you can take and how by working together we can improve the lives of people with dementia.
The NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement and the Dementia Action Alliance have launched a call to action to work together to improve the quality of life of people with dementia and their carers by reducing the inappropriate use of antipsychotics for these people.
- Download The Right Prescription: a call to action on the use of antipsychotic drugs for people with dementia
A specific commitment has been developed for eights groups to enable everyone to play their part to achieve the overall goal.
- People with dementia and their carers & voluntary sector and advocacy groups (local and national)
- Leaders of care homes
- General Practitioners and primary care teams
- Psychiatrists and mental health teams
- Hospital doctors and multidisciplinary teams
- Commissioners of health and social care services
- Medical and nursing directors of acute and foundation trusts
- Summary of the commitments
- Commitment drivers
- Mason. J. (2011) Time to reduce improper use of antipsychotics in people with dementia The Pharmaceutical Journal 2011; 286:719