These standards have been developed in response to the many concerns expressed about poor quality care experienced by people with a dementia when they are in hospital.
Action to systematically implement these 8 standards, alongside the findings of the National Audit of Dementia Care, is intended to transform hospital care in the South West for people with a dementia.
Hospital staff, patients, volunteers, relatives, carers and commissioners all have roles to play in achieving these standards. Local dementia partnerships will coordinate and monitor delivery.
- Implementation guidance
- Annex 1: links to national resources
- Annex 2: self assessment template
- Annex 3: improvement plan template
Local audit tools:
- Summary presentation 1 note that viewing the Alzheimer’s Society video from YouTube on slide 2 requires an Internet connection.
- Summary presentation 2 this is a very large file as it includes an embedded Alzheimer’s Society video on slide 2. It will only work on PowerPoint 2007 and later.
- A3 wall chart
- Audience engagement framework
- Dementia ward champions job description