- Download The Right Prescription: a call to action on the use of antipsychotic drugs for people with dementia
A specific commitment has been developed for eights groups to enable everyone to play their part to achieve the overall goal.
- People with dementia and their carers& voluntary sector and advocacy groups (local and national)
- Leaders of care homes
- General Practitioners and primary care teams
- Psychiatrists and mental health teams
- Hospital doctors and multidisciplinary teams
- Commissioners of health and social care services
- Medical and nursing directors of acute and foundation trusts
- Summary of the commitments
- Commitment drivers
- Mason. J. (2011) Time to reduce improper use of antipsychotics in people with dementia The Pharmaceutical Journal 2011; 286:719
- The Alzheimer’s Society is creating a best practice guidance which is currently available for consultation for interested parties to review and comment on.