Through monthly newsletters, the National Dementia Strategy (NDS) Implementation Team is sharing ideas on how the strategy can be implemented, examples of how different homes have implemented the strategy, and resources to support care homes in their own implementation.
- Intermediate care – the search for best practice by Des Kelly, Executive Director of the National Care Forum
- Optimisation, adaptation and working to the priorities of people with dementia by Martin Orrell, Old Age Psychiatrist at North East London Foundation Trust and Professor of Ageing and Mental Health at University College London
- Intermediate care for people with dementia living in care homes: The Home Treatment Service in Eastern and Coastal Kent by David Wilkie, Lead Psychologist, The Home Treatment Service for People with Dementia in Eastern and Coastal Kent, Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust
- The Friends of the Elderly Admiral Nurse Service by Cheryl Rothschild, RMN Admiral Nurse, Friends of the Elderly
- Partners in caring: How care staff and relatives can work together to improve quality of life by Daphne Zackon, Uniting Carers, Dementia UK