A recent report published by Carers UK, ‘Carers and telecare’, examines the evidence and opportunities provided by telecare and telehealth and the barriers to greater take-up.
The survey findings include:
- Over 60% of carers surveyed said telecare/telehealth had given them peace of mind as a carer
- One in eight carers said telecare/telehealth had helped them stay in work or return to work alongside caring.
- Yet almost two thirds of carers not using telecare/telehealth were unaware of the support available from technology.
- Of carers not currently using telecare/telehealth one in four would like it but simply did not know where to find it.
- Only 6% of carers said they would not want telecare/telehealth.