In a video blog, David Behan, Director General for Social Care and Care Partnerships talks about the Prime Minister’s challenge on dementia to society, and about how we respond to people that have dementia to support them to live the lives they want to live.
The key points of the Prime Minister’s challenge are to:
- raise the awareness around dementia
- develop the capability and capacity of staff working with people with dementia
- increase the numbers of people diagnosed with dementia (only 40% of people with dementia receive a formal diagnosis)
- ensure the quality of services is to a high standard, and
- ensure a research programme can be conducted.
- <a title="” href=””>