The Department of Health National Dementia Strategy implementation programme held a Think Tank on Dementia and Big Society on 16 February 2011. Claire Goodchild and Simon Rippon conceived and facilitated the Think Tank with partnership from Bradford Dementia Group and Alzheimer’s Society.
The Think Tank explored the 3 Big Society themes: social action, community empowerment and public service reform.
Download the reports and presentations from the Think Tank below.
- Dementia And The Big Society Think Tank Report
- Dementia Capable Communities Report
- Dementia capable communities: views of people with dementia and thier supporters. Steve Milton, Innovations in Dementia. Research commissioned for the Think Tank.
- Social action: Cranleigh, Surrey, Rosemary Hurtley
- Social action: Bournemouth Community Health (presentation pending)
- Community empowerment: User-led organisations, Toby Williamson, Mental Health Foundation
- Community empowerment: Community dementia forums, Andrew Chidgey, Alzheimers’s Society
- Public service reform: Community assets, Trevor Hopkinson, Local Government Improvement and Development
All enquiries to Claire Goodchild at firstname.lastname@example.org