21-27 May 2012 is Dementia Awareness Week. It is a great opportunity to increase understanding of dementia and to get people to remember that there’s more to a person than the dementia.
As part of the week the Alzheimer’s Society have created the video below ‘Five things you should know about dementia’.
- Dementia is not a natural part of ageing
- Dementia is caused by diseases of the brain
- It’s not just about losing your memory
- It’s possible to live well with dementia
- There’s more to a person than the dementia