The Nuffield Council on Bioethics report Dementia: ethical issues presents an ethical framework to help those who face dilemmas in connection with the everyday care of someone with dementia.
- Download Dementia: ethical issues report
- Email the Nuffield Council on Bioethics to request a printed copy email@example.com
The framework forms the basis for a number of recommendations to policy makers in the following areas:
- promoting autonomy and well-being through an ethical approach to dementia care
- including people with dementia in society
- making decisions about the care and treatment of people with dementia
- dealing with day-to-day ethical dilemmas in care
- recognising the needs of carers
- research funding and participation
The PowerPoint slides from the launch are available to download here.