- 1. Respect and dignity
Focus on what the person can do, not what they can’t.
- 2. Be a good listener and be friendly
Support and accept the person, be patient.
- 3. Do one little thing
Cook a meal or run an errand, it all helps.
- 4. Make time for everyone
Partners, children and grandchildren will be affected. Could you do something to help one of them?
- 5. Find out more
Understanding dementia makes living with it easier.
For more information on the dementia awareness campaign:
- Call 0300 123 1915 and request a copy of the campaign information pack
- Download the information leaflet
- Visit the NHS Choices dementia web pages
- Visit the Alzheimer’s Society website