NHS Gloucestershire hosted a Primary Care Dementia Summit on 24th November 2009 to support the implementation of the National Dementia Strategy and the findings South West review of dementia services.
You can download the presentations and documents from the summit below.
- Dementia Services in Primary Care for Gloucestershire: a working document requiring feedback from practitioners (PDF 180KB)
Authors: Dr Martin Freeman, GP Clinical Lead Dementia Services, and Helen Vaughan, Commissioning Development Manager, Dementia
- Primary Care Dementia Service Redesign: The Tools (MS PowerPoint 316KB)
Speakers: Helen Bown, Joint Commissioning Manager, Older People and Physical Disabilities, and Dr Martin Freeman, GP Clinical Lead, Dementia Services.
- Early diagnosis in dementia – the ethical and philosophical background: raising difficulties for me and you (MS PowerPoint 752KB)
Speaker: Julian C Hughes, Consultant in old age psychiatry, Honorary Professor of Philosophy of Ageing, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust and Institute for Ageing and Health, Newcastle University
- Developments and progress (MS PowerPoint 100KB)
Speaker: Dr Martin Freeman, GP Clinical Lead, Dementia Services
- Dementia: acute care – risks and issues (MS PowerPoint 56KB)
Speaker: Dr Andrew Monro, Consultant Physician in Acute, General and Old Age Medicine
- Transforming the quality of dementia care (MS PowerPoint 68KB)
Speaker: Jan Stubbings, Chief Executive, NHS Gloucestershire
- After Diagnosis (MS PowerPoint 676KB)
Speaker: Dr Cathey Dukes, Consultant Old Age Psychiatry
- Brian Hennell, a gentleman living with dementia and his wife June Hennell
- Professor Julian Hughes, Consultant in Old Age Psychiatry
- Dr Martin Freeman, GP Clinical Lead
- Jan Stubbings, Chief Executive, NHS Gloucestershire
- Helen Bown, Joint Commissioning Manager, Older People and Physical Disabilities
[scribd id=23673009 key=key-pjot37kahio6wyxmprk width=”340″ height=”500″]