Researchers in the field of dementia have been asked to come forward and take more advantage of the government’s research budget in a bid to better understand the disease and help sufferers and their families.
From this March, dementia research will be prioritised and researchers will be encouraged to put in high quality bids for funding so their proposals meet the criteria set for government funded research.
This is the first action to come out of the Ministerial Advisory Group on Dementia Research being led by the Care Services Minister. The group is working on practical actions to improve the volume, quality and impact of dementia research.
The work of the Ministerial group covers the following issues:
- increasing the volume of dementia research within available funding;
- raising public engagement in dementia research;
- developing better ways of working within the research community;
- reaching agreement on the main priorities for research; and
- improving the translation of research into treatment and care.
Find out more at National Institute for Health Research – Dementia