The Housing our Ageing Population Panel for Innovation (HAPPI) has gathered good practice from across Europe and put together new and creative proposals to help ensure that future housing will create sustainable and inclusive homes and neighbourhoods which our ageing population want and can afford to live in.
- Download the Executive summary (PDF 378KB)
- Download the full HAPPI report (PDF 4.67KB)
- Read more on the Homes and Communities Agency website
- Watch a video about the HAPPI report
The HAPPI report highlights four key issues:
- the time has come for a national effort to build the homes that will meet our needs and aspirations as we all grow older.
- we should all plan ahead positively, creating demand for better choice through a greater range of housing opportunities.
- housing for older people should become an exemplar for mainstream housing, and meet higher design standards for space and quality.
- local Planning Authorities should play a key role to ensure delivery of desirable housing in great places, tuned to local need and demand.