A recent letter issued by Alistair Burns, National Clinical Director for Dementia, notifies PCT Medical Directors of a proposed data collection exercise starting in May 2011, about the establishment of memory services, as part of a National Audit of Dementia Services being undertaken by the NHS Information Centre on behalf of the Department of Health.
- Download National Audit of Dementia Services – Establishment of Memory Services (ROCR/11/2088VOLU) (PDF 44KB)
The Department of Health has made arrangements with the NHS Information Centre for essential data about memory services to be collected via the OMNIBUS system. The information collected through this route is summarisedbelow.
- Does your PCT currently provide memory assessment services?
- How much was spent by your PCT on memory assessment services during 2008/09 and 2009/10?
- Sub questions about the range of services provided by the memory assessment services.
- Are the memory services accredited by the Royal College of Psychiatrists?
The NHS Information Centre will contact PCT Medical Directors with full details of the data requirements and detailed guidance in the near future.