|Telephone||0207 1646 338|
|Address||1 Plough Place, London, EC4A 1DE|
Dementia Citizens is a new project to help people with dementia and those who care for them, using apps on smartphones and tablets.
If you’re affected by dementia, Dementia Citizens can help you:
- find new activities that you can enjoy with family and friends, using your smartphone or tablet
- take part in dementia research studies and help us understand more about dementia care
- learn new ways of living with dementia and caring for someone with dementia
The animation below explains more about the Dementia Citizens project.
Dementia Citizen apps
Using a Dementia Citizens app you can enjoy an activity, such as listening to music or creating a digital life story book, using a smartphone or tablet. You can enjoy these activities together with family and friends. Dementia Citizens apps are designed to be easy to use.
Dementia Citizens is currently piloting two apps:
- Book of You is a way to share happy memories with carers, friends and family. This can have powerful benefits, such as improving mood and wellbeing, stimulating memories, and helping to maintain or increase a sense of identity. Find out more and use Book of You
- Playlist for Life is a way to enjoy personal music with carers, friends and family. Everyone has a song that takes them back to another time and place or cheers them up, and listening to this music can have powerful benefits for those living with dementia – from lifting mood and encouraging communication, to bringing a person with dementia closer to their friends, family and carers. Find out more and use Playlist for Life
Take part in research
You’ll also have the opportunity to take part in a research study. Your answer to research questions are combined with those from many others using the apps.
This creates data that dementia researchers can use to spot patterns and help us learn more about caring for dementia.