This report published by the Care Quality Commission highlights the findings of inspections of 250 domiciliary care agencies providing at-home support and care.
The CQC inspections measured the agencies on:
- respecting and involving people who use services
- the care and welfare of people who use services
- safeguarding people who use services from abuse
- how providers support their staff, and
- how providers assess and monitor the quality of the services they deliver.
The report shows that 74% of providers were meeting all five standards. The report also highlighted areas for improvement such as late or missed calls and lack of staff knowledge or skill particularly on dementia.