The key aims of the service are to improve recognition and treatment of Dementia and other Mental Health problems in South Gloucestershire.
The service has an open entry policy, so reducing barriers to a rapid specialist advice, support and treatment. The team aims to connect people to services, getting people the right treatment and support at the right time, and to support and empower all those who provide care for them, including carers, relatives and health and social care colleagues.
- Download the second quarter progress report (PDF 228KB)
The second quarter progress report shows that the service:
- is busy and in demand
- is popular with Primary Care staff
- has dramatically increased access to specialist mental health assessment, and
- is signposting people to a wide range of specialist and mainstream services in the statutory and third sector.
Over the next few months the service aims to:
- develop the education agenda
- focus on improving recognition of dementia, and
- improve evaluation of the service through client, carer and colleague feedback.
Further information is available from OPLiaisonSupport@awp.nhs.uk.