Details of Talking Therapies roadshows being held in localities across the South West to support the roll out of Talking Therapies to all irrespective of age and condition.
The national Talking Therapies programme, in line with the mental health strategy, No Health without Mental Health, Department of Health, 2011 and the NHS Operating Framework 2011/12 sets out the following objectives for the NHS:
- the completion of the roll out of talking therapies services for adults with anxiety and depression of all ages by 2015, with increasing access for people over 65;
- the development of a stand-alone programme for talking therapies to be developed for children and young people;
- extending talking therapies services to people with long term conditions and medically unexplained symptoms, and
- for people with serious and enduring mental illness access to talking therapies.
The South West Development Centre Talking Therapies delivery team will be visiting localities over the forthcoming weeks in order to begin to discuss this agenda.
- Somerset Wednesday 25th May – Taunton Rugby Club – Taunton – 10:30-14:30
- Gloucestershire and Swindon Wednesday 8th June – Swan Hotel – Cirencester – 10:30-14:30
- South Gloucestershire, Bristol and North Somerset Thursday 9th June – Cribbs Business Centre – Bristol – 09:30-13:30
- Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole Thursday 16th June – Hamworthy Club – Poole -10:00 – 14:00
- Wiltshire and BANES Monday 20th June – Marsh Farm Hotel – Wootton Bassett – 10:00 – 14:00
- Plymouth, Torbay and Devon Thursday 23rd June – Ilsington Country Hotel – Newton Abbott – 09:30-13:30
- Cornwall Thursday 30th June – BW Cliff Head Hotel – St Austell – 10:00-14:00
Who should attend?
- NHS commissioners responsible for commissioning children’s services, LTC and MUS and public health
- GP consortia members
- Current providers of any talking therapies services