This Briefing is designed to support GPs and primary health care teams to improve the recognition, diagnosis and management of dementia.
- people’s rights, and tackling stigma associated with dementia
- case finding approaches
- tools to support initial assessment
- tips for better coding and record keeping, and
- signposts to additional training and education resources.
The briefing is supplemented by additional resources, including:
- Improving diagnosis of dementia: 10 key steps for Commissioners and Clinical Commissioning Groups (South West Dementia Partnership, 2012)
- Diagnosing Dementia Guidance and Standards (South West Dementia Partnership, 2012)
- Dementia Care in Primary Care Toolkit (South West Dementia Partnership, 2012)