The Carers Direct information service https://www.nhs.uk/Carersdirect/ is designed to provide a single and comprehensive online resource to help carers manage their lives around caring.
Carers Direct includes guidance on the different stages of caring, information for claiming benefits, contact details for local authorities.
There is also:
- news, views and real stories of carers and the issues they face in carers’ lives
- a step-by-step guide to the practical help, support and advice that’s on offer to carers, and how to get it.
- money and legal information about claiming benefits, looking after your bank balance and understanding the legal issues of caring.
- work and study information to help you to combine working or studying with your role as a carer
- wellbeing advice on keeping fit and healthy.
- information for young carers
For anyone wishing to speak to someone in person, the Carers Direct helpline 0808 802 0202 offers free, confidential information and advice. Lines are open 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday, 11am to 4pm at weekends. Calls are free from UK landlines.