It is trying to take the fear out of dementia and make people realise that people living with dementia are just people. It gives them ten simple things they can do to help a family living with dementia that will hopefully get people to support families living with dementia more.
- Treat the person with respect and dignity
- Be a good listener
- Be a good communicator
- Remember the little things can mean a lot
- Stay in touch
- Offer practical help
- Organise a treat
- Help different family members in different ways
- Find out more about dementia
- Direct people to Alzheimer’s Society for more help and support
Watch the YouTube video below (www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz7GM-ziBxg) from the Alzheimer’s Society, ‘Five ways you can help a family with dementia’.