In partnership with the Department of Health, the Design Council has asked teams to produce innovative new ideas that will help improve the lives of people with dementia and their carers. The competition is open to a diverse range of participants and different types of solutions to be developed – it could be hardware, software, product, service, architecture or all of the above.
Take part in this challenge and win a share of £360,000 plus professional support to make your idea happen. Applications for the challenge are now open. You can sign up to www.designchallenges.ning.com to find out more about the challenge and download the call for entries document that will tell you everything you need to know to apply.
Watch the Living well with dementia film below
- 100% ownership of the intellectual property rights to your idea;
- Access to a body of supporting information;
- The chance to work with people with dementia and their carers to develop and test ideas;
- Expert advice from professionals in design and dementia care;
- Professional mentoring;
- Help showcasing your project to the media, industry, and the public;
- Support finding long-term investors who can help you grow your idea further.