This good practice compendium has been brought together from across the regions to support local delivery of the national dementia strategy and improve outcomes for people with dementia and their carers. It is an enabler for local change, as described in the Department of Health’s revised outcomes focused implementation plan.
The compendium includes the following South West practice examples:
- Engaging GPs in the National Dementia Strategy
- Improving the clinical care provided by ambulance clinicians – Great Western Ambulance Service
- LINK worker training, Gloucestershire
- STAR toolkit, Cornwall. Reducing medication in care homes
- The charter mark standards for Royal United Hospital patients with dementia