The patient choice scheme document provides guidance to all Primary Care Trusts (PCTs) on the broader aspects of the policy on widening patient choice of GP practices.
The guidance sets out the new provisions in legislation relating to practice boundaries and the revised list closure procedure.
The patient choice scheme guidance reiterates the aspects of the patient choice pilot scheme which apply to all PCTs, as well as the aspects of the patient choice scheme which could affect PCTs in those areas not participating in the piloting arrangements.
- Download the LES Specification
- Download template for PCTs to notify patients of PMS services at home
- Download the day patient application form
- Download the patient leaflet
- Download example letter from a GP practice to a patient saying that it is no longer appropriate for them to be registered as an ‘out of the area patient’