You can watch live coverage of the G8 dementia summit on the homepage of the Dementia Challenge site on 11 December and follow #G8dementia on Twitter as shown in the panel opposite.
The event will be facilitated by Vivienne Parry, science writer and broadcaster.
- Jeremy Hunt, Secretary of State for Health
- Peter Dunlop, who is living with dementia
- Dr Margaret Chan, Director General of the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Yves Leterme, Deputy Secretary General, The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
G8 Ministers and the European Commission will deliver prepared statements as part of the opening session.
The topics for discussion during the day include:
- improving life and care for people affected by dementia and their carers
- preventing and delaying dementia
- social adaptation to global ageing and dementia
The press conference will take place at 3pm.