We have published the third of a series of dementia workbooks within a three stepped pathway including small bite sized learning presentations for both learners and those sharing learning with others in teaching or supervisory roles.
This workbook is supported by the PowerPoint presentations: ‘Behaviours that challenge us: part 1’ and ‘Behaviours that challenge us: part 2’. There are links within the workbook which direct you to other resources available to build on the knowledge given.
You can demonstrate your learning by completing the exercises within the workbook and the short quiz at the end. This will provide evidence to your manager of your learning.
Section 1 Theoretical background
- 1. Defining behaviours that challenge us
- 2. Physical needs and physical health
- 3. Psychological and social needs
- 4. Influence of Personality
- 5. Neurological impairment
- 6. Delirium, hallucinations and delusions
- 7. Impact of the environment
Section 2 Practical solutions
- 8. Focus on excessive walking (wandering)
- 9. Focus on aggression
- 10. Focus on vocally disruptive behaviour
- 11. Focus on repetitive behaviour
- 12. Focus on sexual expression
Section 3 General ways of supporting